Thursday, October 8, 2009

Izzard-spiration

If "we went running" then comedian Eddie Izzard went crazy.

And what an inspiration!

As he nears the end of his 43 marathons in 51 days, Izzard (not particularly athletic) showcases the enormous impact our minds have on our bodies. He's progressed from running 10 hour marathons to 5 hour marathons (a very respectable pace for the average marathoner, let alone someone who has been running almost a marathon a day).

As I struggle with developing a consistent routine, this is a good reminder that it's not about the weather, or my busy work schedule, or anything else outside of me. Running is about me. Choosing to run. Whether it's a half hour (which I've finally worked up to!) or 43 marathons we have all we need inside us already.

No comments:

Post a Comment