Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Marathon is TOMORROW!

I'm here in the Quad Cities. Waiting for the marathon to start :)

Sunday, September 26th, 2010. My first marathon.

I interviewed for a job in Des Moines, Iowa earlier this week and stayed with Jordan. Friday night I went on my last training run before the marathon. I ran with Jordan. We went running after all. Along the way a woman shouted from her truck, "That's great motivation for me! Thank you!"

I couldn't help but laugh. It made me happy. If I had to pinpoint the single most important thing I've learned during this training it would be the this beautiful impression of the running world I've gotten. Running seems like such an intense sport; full of people talking about power gels and their 400s workout. Full of ultra-fit stick people. And yet, here I am. I don't feel out of place in the least. Of course I have a stubborn will but the main reason I feel like I belong in this running world is because overwhelmingly people (including truck ladies in Des Moines) have been so supportive of and encouraged by my efforts.

I am so grateful to have this chance to run.

Let's Marathoning!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to rock it, Claire! Also, I hope the job interview went well! I want to hear all about the interview and the marathon very soon.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete