Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh Hydration!

Scheduled: 3 Actual: 3 RPE: 4

My run took about 4 minutes today though that includes me walking all of my second mile. My last mile was incredible, though! I felt so loose and fluid. I'm considering walking the first mile or maybe half-mile of each run to see if that will warm me up and make my subsequent miles quicker and more enjoyable.

Also, it was relatively cool this morning which is so much more pleasant. I repeated my "only one" mantra as well as "keep going" to help will myself to run.

This week's chapter discusses hydration and recommends drinking sports drink directly before, during, and a few hours after each run. I tried that today. I brought sports drink to school and drank the bottle during the morning meeting. Unlike all the other running days previous to today I had no headache and no fatigue. Oh hydration! Where have you been? I've been drinking water like crazy but still I'd get terrible headaches and fatigue come afternoon. It was hard to tell if it was just the heat or my running that was causing the problems. Now I know.

Looking forward to Friday's run again.

Let's Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment