Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Another Day :)

As I expected, today was markedly better than yesterday!

I ran the scheduled 4 miles and my RPE was 4 again. My first mile was the toughest as my body was adjusting to running but my second mile was fantastic and felt like it was over in the blink of an eye (actually it was over in 12 minutes...). I got a late start again so I really pushed myself on my fourth mile in order to get home and ready for work. My average time was a little less than 13 minutes per mile with a couple minutes of walking in each.

My mind wandered a lot. I imagine conversations with people about my running, especially people I know who are runners. I definitely get a lot of motivation from other people and even the thought of a conversation really encouraged my running.

I have a new adaptation to the mantra "but it doesn't matter." After my awful run Tuesday and my bike ride to school in the rain, I sent a message to Stephen saying I was feeling anxious. He sent a message back listing all things that were probably making me anxious, adding "but that OK because" and ending with something that made it seem fine. For example, he wrote: "You're probably anxious because you didn't run as much as you wanted but that's OK because your training is going great." For this run I adopted that mantra. It gels with my disposition that's always looking to make lemonade out of lemons.

I'm really tired but that's OK because that means my body is getting stronger. It's getting really hot and humid but that's OK because I get to take cool, refreshing showers after my runs.

So, I guess, Let's Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment