Monday, June 14, 2010

We Went Running Update

I believe a brief update is in order.

When Jordan and I first planned to run a marathon we both worked 9-5 jobs more or less. We had time on our hands. We wanted something to test our limits. For me that hasn't changed. I'm doing the same thing I've been doing for the last year and then some. Jordan, however, is going places!

After several months as an intern for Roxanne Conlin she was offered a full-time job! She works to raise money for this amazing Senate hopeful and I am so proud of her. However, she's gone from 9-5 to about 6-midnight (on a good day). A campaign is demanding and Jordan is impressively meeting these demands. Conlin won the primary and is now facing career politician and incumbent by the name of Grassley. Jordan, like the rest of team Conlin, is giving it her all. She is certainly testing her limits!

So this time around it's just me marathon-ing. I considered switching to a different blog since the "we" seems out of place in light of the recent changes. But the more I thought about what it takes to run a marathon--confidence, support, dedication, focus--the more I realized how much of my ability to run this marathon is based on my friendship with Jordan. She is one amazing Homer. My college roommate for four years and best buddy for life, she's helped me keep going when I knew for sure I couldn't.

I wouldn't be here without Jordan and so in a very true sense, we still went running. Join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment